- This event has passed.
Study Visit – Italy
25 September 2017 - 29 September 2017
The purpose of this Study Visit is to enhance the understanding of the Italian institutions and learn about EU best practices in disaster risk reduction and emergency management. These elements will be addressed by visiting some relevant Italian institutions – learning from presentations, discussions and exchange of information. An important objective of the study visit is also enhanced network and networking among AFAD with EU counterparts’ in the field of disaster risk reduction and emergency management. To this purpose a visit is planned to the European Commission Joint Research Centre.
The AFAD Delegation has visited the following institutions:
- The Directorate Space, Security and Migration at the European Commission Joint Research Centre in Ispra on 25.09.17
- The Protezione Civile Italiana in Rome on 26.09.17
- The Corpo dei Vigili del Fuoco at the Ministry of Internal Affairs in Rome on 28.09.17
- The Turkish Embassy in Rome on 28.09.17
- The Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia (INGV Osservatorio Vesuviano) in Naples on 28.09.17
- The Department of Physics E. Pancini (Laboratory di Seismology) at the University Federico II in Naples on 29.09.107.